As global concern about the current COVID-19 outbreak grows, we would like to reassure you about the future of the Tel Azekah 2020 excavations.
We are closely monitoring the situation here in Israel and abroad, particularly in regards to travel restrictions and quarantine requirements. We are optimistic that the global measures taken to limit the spread of COVID-19 will be successful and that soon we will see a decrease in restrictions.
At this stage, the 2020 season of the Lautenschläger Azekah Expedition will go ahead as planned between 25 July–20 August. We will continue to monitor the situation, and a final decision about the season will be made by mid-May.
We do encourage you to register as usual and, for your peace of mind, will be extending all payment deadlines until after a final decision is made regarding the season.
As usual, our administrative staff will be available to answer any and all questions you may have! We understand that the current outbreak is worrying, but we are optimistic that things will settle and we hope you are too!
The Azekah Team
15 March 2020